About The Jewellery
Q: What is fold forming?
A: Fold forming is a relatively young metal working technique, developed in the 1980's by renown metalsmith Charles Lewton-Brain.
Each piece is made from relatively thin sheet metal, folded in various ways. The folds or open edges are then stretched, either by simple hammering, passing through rolling mills, or even, for very large, sculptural work, hydraulic beaters. Once the folds are opened again, beautiful, flowing, organic shapes are produced, which are difficult to form by any other means.
This process means that each piece of jewellery is made from flat sheet metal every time. Every piece is unique as it bears the entirely random beating marks, which will vary from maker to maker.
For a more visual idea, please watch the video on my About page.
Q: What materials do you use.
A: Our jewellery is made using high grade materials sourced in the UK. Our aluminium jewellery is produced from nickel free 99% pure sheet whilst our copper is 99.9% pure.
For our silver jewellery we use either standard sterling silver (92.5% pure) or fine silver (99.9% pure) dependent on the malleability required for the design.
Where used, our plating is 18ct gold, professionally applied to 2 microns on pendants and 1 micron on earrings.
All of our chains, clasps, ear wires, studs and butterfly backs are sterling silver. The only exception to this, is the aluminium "Pod" choker which has a hand-made aluminium friction clasp on a jewellery product called "tiger tail" (steel cable with plastic sheath).
Where appropriate, or if specified by the customer, we may use 9ct gold for ear wires/ studs.
Q: What about allergies?
A: We only use the very purest of metals that are known, generally, to have low allergy risks. For the majority of wearers, our pieces should not pose a problem, however there is a small number of people who have shown allergic reactions to metals including silver and even gold. Whilst we take no responsibility for reactions to our jewellery, we are quite happy to work with customers to minimise their existing problems. This can include sourcing chains and findings in alternative metals to suit.
Q: How do I care for my jewellery?
A: Our jewellery is very easy to care for:
- Aluminium is a beautiful metal which is very stable and does not tarnish. It should keep it's finish for many years and any surface dirt can be removed with a damp cloth before drying completely.
- All our copper pieces are finished with a purpose made, non toxic, long lasting, jewellery lacquer to maintain their beautiful colours. Again any surface dirt can be removed with a damp cloth before drying thoroughly.
- Our silver jewellery and any silver components such as chains can be cleaned either with a silver polish cloth or with silver polish wadding such as "Silvo". These are now readily available in supermarkets. We do not recommend cleaning our oxidised silver as this will remove the black colour key to the design.
- We do not recommend wearing any jewellery whilst swimming as the chemicals used for sanitation can damage the pieces.
About My Order
Q: When will I get my order?
A: We aim to dispatch all orders within 48hrs of confirming the order. If there is a problem we will contact you as soon as possible to discuss your order. We have a number of shipping options to ensure that you have the option of faster, secure delivery. These include:
- Royal Mail Standard 1st Class - £3.00
- Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded (requires signature) - £5.00
- Royal Mail Special Delivery 1pm (requires signature) - £7.95
- Royal Mail Standard 1st Class - £3.75
- Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded (requires signature) - £10.20
Rest of the World
- Royal Mail Standard 1st Class - £12.00
You will always receive an email confirmation of dispatch.
*Please note the insurance cover for Standard 1st Class is limited to £50. If you wish a fast and fully insured service please choose Recorded or Special Delivery shipping at checkout. For "Rest of the World" orders, please email us to arrange courier delivery.*
Q: Can I send the item as a gift?
A: Yes certainly!
We can always send items to a delivery address rather than a billing address and we can even include a short message!
Just make sure at the checkout stage that you:
- In Shipping Options, untick the "Shipping Address same as Billing" option to allow you to add a different delivery address.
- In Additional Info, let us know it is a gift by checking the "Yes" button.
- Add your message
We will send the item, with your message, but email the invoice directly to you. That way the surprise stays a surprise!
We also offer a gift wrapping service for an additional £2.50. This can be found as an additional item below each product. Simply add to your cart in the normal way and we will take care of it.
Q: What about custom orders or commissions?
A: We LOVE doing special things for special people.
If you would like something for a special occasion or wish to commission a piece to your own design please do get in contact to discuss your ideas. Email Us
Q: What if something goes wrong and I need to return an item?
A: We aim to make sure that all our jewellery is of the highest standards, however if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item to us within 7 days of receipt.
Returned items should be UNUSED and UNWORN and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt, excluding the original delivery charge. Delivery charges are only refundable where goods are faulty and a refund is made.
Goods will only be accepted for return if they are returned within 7 days of delivery, unless we have notified you otherwise.
Our full returns policy can be seen on our Terms & Conditions page